Arif Lohar is a famous Punjabi singer and musician from Pakistan. He is renowned for his use of traditional instruments in his performances. As such, he represents the Punjabi people and their rich folk culture.
Arif has a big heart and has donated to many causes to help those in need. Over the past two decades, acclaimed vocalist Arif Lohar has performed on more than 50 international tours throughout the United States, the United Kingdom, and the United Arab Emirates.
At this point, he is generally agreed upon as among the best folk and Sufi musicians in the world. Lohar has released over 150 studio albums and recorded over 3000 songs, the vast majority of which are sung in Punjabi.
Arif Lohar’s Early Life
On September 1, 1966, Arif entered this world in the province of Punjab, Pakistan. Arif Lohar is the son of the legendary Pakistani folk singer “Alam Lohar.” Every one of his seven brothers now calls the United Kingdom home. He is the only one still living in Pakistan with his family among his father’s eight sons. In his earliest memories, Arif Lohar can be found singing alongside his father.
He is still working hard to keep these intriguing customs alive and to take this art form to new heights. When it came to music, he was an advocate for both recent trends and cherished classics. Arif, decked up in a dhoti kurta and holding a pair of tongs, fuses contemporary sound with traditional form.
Arif Lohar Career
When his album “21st Century Jungi” was published in 2006, he became a massive star in the Punjabi music industry. Almost a million people saw him perform at the Asian Games in China opening ceremonies in 2004.
In 2010, on season 3 of Coke Studio, he performed his hit song “Jungi” with a then-up-and-coming vocalist named Meesha Shafi. Another one of his songs, “Alif Allah Chambey Dey Booti,” was a huge hit all over the world. Song “Jugni” is also featured in the film “Cocktail,” directed by Bollywood actor Saif Ali Khan.
In addition to ‘Diary of a Butterfly,’ several Indian films have incorporated renditions of ‘Jugni. In 2013, Arif Lahore also contributed his talents to the soundtrack of the Bollywood film Bhaag Milkha Bhaag.
Arif Lohar, a world-renowned folk singer, has starred in many Punjabi films and contributed three songs to the soundtrack of Syed Noor’s Jugni (2012), the highest-grossing movie in Pakistan in that year.
Lesser-known Facts about Arif Lohar
- Aach Goch is a village in Gujrat, Punjab, Pakistan, where Arif Lohar was born and raised.
- Arif and his younger brother were among the first in their family to be taught vocal music by their father.
- As a supporting actor, he has made appearances in several different types of Pakistani movies., including Zindagi, Silsila, Jugni, and many others.
- Bollywood superstar Saif Ali Khan paid a hefty sum in 2012 for the rights to use his song “Jugni” in the soundtrack of the smash hit Cocktail.
Awards and Achievements of Arif Lohar
In 2005, the Pakistani government honored Lohar’s achievements by bestowing him the Pride of Performance Award.
Coke Studio Debut of Arif Lohar
- In 2010, Arif Lohar and Meesha Shafi collaborated on a performance of the song “Alif Allah Chambey Di Booty” in season 3 as a debut which is currently the music video with the highest views on the Coke Studio channel on YouTube.
- In Season 8 of Coke Studio, Arif returns with the song “Rung Jindri,” bringing back his multicolored world of folk stories, grooves, and an unbelievable quantity of pure, unadulterated fun.
Best Songs of Arif Lohar
- Mast Malang – 2021
- Kaleh Rang – 2019
- Vichhoda Yaar Da – 2018
- Ashke – 2018
- Kamli – 2017
- Jindey – 2016
- Eidan Aiyan Ni – 2015
- Ik Phul Motiye Da – 2015
- Aakhiyan Toon Bhul Hoi – 2015
- Muk Jane Eh Udeekan Vich Jindri – 2012
- Akhian – 2008
- Jugni – 2006
- Sanon Pyar De Pulekhe Pa Ke – 2002
- Sajna Teri Yaad Satave – 2002
- Ishq Da Charkha – 2000
- Ni Toon Nach Le – 2000
- Das Mein Ki Pyar Vichon Khatiya – 2000
- Chhale Utte Chhala – 1999
- Dhol Bedardi – 1999
- Mein Pyar Ki Vichon – 1999
How To Contact Arif Lohar for Live Concerts?
Arif Lohar is doing shows, events and concerts all over the world. It’s very easy to be approached and Booked for Events with Fankar Online.
How much does Arif Lohar charge for a show?
Charges of artist for event, show or concert changes time to time and depends on few factors like how much traveling is require, How they will travel, Stay and Performance Fee. For Exact Charges Feel free to Contact Us