Ali Sethi is a Pakistani singer and writer and son of Najam Sethi (Anchor, Chairman PCB) and Jugnu Mohsin (Co-founder and editor of The Friday Times). Sethi was globally recognized for his first published novel, The Wish Maker. The book was short-listed for DSC Prize for South Asian Literature and the Shakti Bhatt First Book Prize Award.
In the period of 2014, he was appointed to sing for the film Manto, A film by Jamal Rahman of True Brew who formerly functioned with Ali on The Reluctant Fundamentalist. Ali Sethi recorded two songs, a duo “Kya ho Ga” with Zebunnisa Bangash and single “Aah Ko Chahiye”. Both tracks attained him analytical admiration and appreciation. He went on to obtain a Lux Style Award selection as a Best Playback Singer – Male at 15th Lux Style Awards and was selected for Best Playback Singer – Male at 2nd ARY Film Awards.
- The Reluctant Fundamentalist – “Dil Jalanay Ki BaatKarte Ho” (2013)
- Manto – “Aah Ko Chahiye” and “Kya Hoga” (2015)
- Ye Mera Deewanapan Hai – “Ye Mera Deewanapan Hai” (2015)
- Coke Studio Pakistan (Season 8) – “Umraan Langiyaan” with Nabeel Shaukat Ali (2015)
- Coke Studio Pakistan (Season 9) – “Aaqa” with Abida Parveen (2015)