Female Dhol Players: Pakistan is rich in talent, Dhol is the traditional Instrument of Pakistani Music. People Love to listen it.
And Dhol has a specific space in Sufism. In Sufi Shrines and fairs of Sufis, Dhol and person who play dhol get an attention.
In Pakistan only a few female dhol performers came in this field., and when people see them that they are playing dhol, they feel pleased.
Female Dhol Players are:
Arishma is youngest dhol player of Pakistan, She born on 10 January 1997 in Lahore Pakistan.
She did O-Levels from Lahore Grammar School. Mainly her mother is supporting her and encouraging her in this field. She is also a singer but now she is serious in dhol playing profession.
Horeya Asmat has started her career in age 22 years, and student of Gunga sain and Mithu sain.
She started a trend in Pakistan for females to play Dhol. Horeya Asmat devotes herself for dhol and became a Malang fakeer from well-settled family. She used to play Sufi naubat on various shrines of Sufi’s on their yearly festivals. She has been performing this art for the past 5 years. She now runs her own institute of this epic art for upcoming female Dhol players. She is also known as an activist for women’s rights.
- Arooj is author on Fankar Online having a close eye on music Industry on Pakistan.
- NewsJanuary 27, 2020Rabi Pirzada performed Umrah, On way to new journey of her Life
- NewsSeptember 21, 2019Emirates Airlines invited Mehwish Hayat for the finals of the US Open
- NewsJuly 19, 2019Comedian Saleem Albela’s Song Lag Gaye Nain has been Released
- NewsJune 28, 2019Zuhaib Ramzan Bhatti hosted Annual Dinner WCB Lahore